Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Spiritual Authority by Watchman Nee

I have never read anything by Watchman Nee before I started reading this book. It was recommended to me by a pastor who has been in the ministry for over 40 years. He said it was the best book on authority he had ever read. That was enough for me to pick it up and take a look. I have only read the first two chapters. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy the writing of this author. The reading is fairly easy, yet very intense. You can immediately tell this man was serious about his walk with God and the ministry. It seems like every paragraph is loaded with profound truth. Any preacher would find the book worthwile simply for its quotability. Here are some of the quotes that really jumped out at me as I read. Remember, these are all from just the first two chapters.

"Please take note that Satan is not afraid of our preaching the word of Christ, yet how very much he is in fear of our being in subject to Christ."

"We preach the gospel in order to bring men into God's authority..."

"We do not obey man but God's authority in that man."

"Before a man can subject himself to God's delegated authority he must first meet God's inherent authority."

"To overthrow God's authority is to overthrow God."

"The work of redemption is to bring us back to the place where we will now find our right and wrong in God."

1 comment:

TREY MORGAN said...

Hey bro,

Powerful quotes, very powerful.

Blessings