Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Quotes That Made Me Think

22758446.jpg

Every now and then, when I'm listening to a sermon, I'll hear the preacher make a statement that is "inside-of-my-Bible-flap-worthy."  In other words, there are a few blank pages at the front and back of my Bible.  Over time, those pages have been covered with quotes from sermons I've heard.  Here are a few of the really good ones:

"Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself, they reject it because it contradicts them."

"The twentieth century never saw a revival." - Dr. John Goetsch

"If God took the power of the Holy Spirit out of this world, most of what Christians would do would keep on going and nobody would know the difference." - Evangelist Dave McCracken

"If you don't want to fall, stand." - A preacher who fell

"All of my problems are equally infinitesimal in the sight of God."

"Why would the devil waste his resources on you when he knows you can't even get the victory over your own flesh?"

"Don't ever lose sight of the One who is unseen."

"Somewhere, sometime, someone is going to come along who really believes the Bible and they'll embarrass us all." - R. B. Oullette

"The entire world is against what we're doing for God, but all of Heaven is for us."

"Holiness is more important than happiness, but you can have both." - John Bishop

"You're going to have problems with or without Jesus, I'd rather have Jesus."

"The supernatural realm is God's natural realm." - Sidney Stone

Have you heard a great quote lately?

1 comment:

Reforming Baptist said...

that's a great idea...i have Bibles with pages full of quotes that I've collected through the years. I think I'll take some time to go back to them and maybe do a post on the very same thing.