Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Touch of a Father

Baby Hand A lady in our church wrote me a very kind email this week.  You’d have to know her story to understand the true depth of what she said, but I believe the note will touch your heart either way.  It read:

“Thank you for the little things I see you do for your kids.  Holding your daughter is such a precious sight to me.  I hope you never get "too busy" to hold her, stroke her hair or give her hugs as she grows up.  Never stop holding her.  Trust me, your touch gives love and security, strength and acceptance to Kim, Jacquelynn and any future little girls in your family.  Receive this as from one who was very seldom touched by her father in an affirming way.  HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY!”

The note was a powerful reminder that I don’t ever want to do anything to hurt my kids.  If my love is that strong, imagine how deep the Father’s love for us.

No comments: